Monday, August 25, 2008

Article Review

Article 1: Language & Learning
I have read an article entitled The Influence of Corpus Technology on L2 Academic Writing, written by Hyunsook Yoon from Dongguk University, Korea. From my opinion, I agree with the statement that stated the finding revealed that corpus use not only had an immediate effect by helping students solve immediate writing/language problems, but also promoted their perceptions of lexico-grammar and language awareness. It is because, with the corpus technology, it can help students to solve immediate writing or language problems. Besides that, as we know, to learn the second language, students need the best way to catch up the language knowledge. From my opinion, corpus technology also must give students more knowledge, not only language knowledge for them to learn or know more things that related to their language studies. As the conclusion, once again I stated that I agree with Hyunsook Yoon's article.

Article 2: Identity and Learning
I have read an article entitled New Era in Search for True Identity written by Lindy Edwards. From my opinion, this article is very good. I have learned some knowledge from this article. According to this article, I can see that narrator gived her suggestion for her country to search a true identity in new era. Besides that, I agree with her statement stated that "we must apologise and fix the problem, so we can again speak of our ideal to be the fairest nation on earth". I agree because the narrator teach us to apologise and cope the problem first before we move to make our community or our country a fairest community in the world.

Mohd Zikri Bin Zainal (1080138)

No comments: