Sunday, August 24, 2008

paragraph writing 3

Q: What I think of the Beijing Olympics?

BEIJING OLYMPICS 2008

In my opinion, Beijing Olympics is the best event for me. Why I consider Beijing Olympics is the best event for me that is because it speaks of the importance of our relations with China. It also reflects the solid foundation underpinning our relations. Besides, it is a commitment to strengthen that foundation for years to come. Moreover, China has rounded up dissidents ahead of the Olympics and imposed internet restrictions on journalists that some say amount to censorship, contrary to Beijing's commitments when it won the rights for the games. Then, The Olympics Torch Relay had came to Malaysia, to Kuala Lumpur. It started at Dataran Merdeka and ended at KLCC. Furthermore, at least 80 runners had involved in that event and the last one is DYMM Sultan Perak. It shows that our government also welcomed the Beijing Olympics. However, I feel very sad of what the anti-China protesters were doing towards the Olympic Torch. They tried to distinguish the sacred fire which brings warmth and supposedly peace to all nations. What is being portrayed now is nothing but hatred and war. It so happens that the Olympics are to be held in China but why are they trying to attack an event has such positive values. I’m not supporting China nor am I against China. I support the cause of Olympics. Honestly, I hope the becoming Olympics will be the great one also.

WAN (1080144)

No comments: